If you’re responsible for your company’s online marketing, there are an increasing number of fields in which you need to be competent. 10 Digital Marketing Fundamentals Every SEO Pro Should Know on Search Engine Journal has a good list, which I think extends well beyond people specialising in SEO.
The article suggests the following as topics to get to grips with:
- Understanding Your Digital Presence
- The Fundamentals Of How Search Engines Work
- Digital User Experience And Customer Journeys
- The Fundamentals Of Competitor Analysis
- Content And Digital Marketing
- Online Advertising
- Social Media
- The Fundamentals Of Analytics
- Activating Data As Business Intelligence
- Programmatic, Machine Learning, And Automation
Some of these may seem obvious – and might well be areas you’d planned to work on in this new year. Others might sound a little fluffy, but could be increasingly important. A bit of investigation now could put you ahead of the curve. Have a read.