Inc. magazine has just published a list of what it considers to be the best “How To Sell” books of all time. If you’re an avid book reader, like me, I suspect you might find something worth catching up with here, even if it’s only to put aside to take to the beach in the summer. The great thing about sales books is that they don’t really date, so the “classics” are probably as relevant now as they ever were. And I firmly believe that a good grounding in sales techniques is as important in marketing as it is in sales itself.
Here then are Inc. magazine’s top ten books. Enjoy!
10. Selling to Big Companies by Jill Konrath
9. Mastering the Complex Sale by Jeff Thull
8. The Psychology of Selling by Brian Tracy
7. The New Strategic Selling by Robert B Miller, Stephen E Heiman and Tad Tuleja
6. Perfect Selling by Linda Richardson
5. How to Master the Art of Selling by Tom Hopkins
4. The Greatest Secret in the World by Og Mandino
3. Secrets of Closing the Sale by Zig Ziglar
2. The Little Red Book of Selling by Jeffrey H. Gitomer
1. SPIN-selling by Neil Rackham